Thursday, June 21, 2007

another competition under his belt

How can I not brag when my husband is so awesome? ;)
Ryan got 2nd place in the landscape division of The Artist Magazine annual competition. He will be published with an article in their December issue and gets a cash prize of $1250! Not bad for a $30 dollar entry fee. Can this guy be stopped??!! I'm so proud of him, he works his @$$ off all day and is starting to be a big name in the art world and I'm supporting him the whole way. Oh and I also have to mention that this is an invented landscape, he made this up in his head, I'm not sure if this place really exists. Also, it was purchased by the son of Steven Dougherty, who is the editor of American Artist Magazine. This is turning into a special little painting!

4 comments:

Melinda B. said...

Congrats to Ryan! That is really cool. So what's momma gonna buy with her $1250??!!

-Sydney- said...

Just catching up on your blog, Court! Since we've been travelling I haven't had good access to the internet.

We're in Provo now for the summer. We'll probably leave the end of July. We had dinner at Laurene's the other day. mmm. . . hamburgers and bratwurst. . .you get those over there? :)

Congrats on all the exciting art stuff for Ryan. Glad to hear things are moving along so well for him. Luv ya!

Holly said...

congrats to ryan, that's so cool! we gotta get some of that art before it's out of our price range. but maybe it already is...

weller14 said...

awesome pic...and even better that he gets to be in a magazine and u get $$.