If I tell Brody we'll go somewhere, do something or I'll buy him something, he never forgets. If only he found the alphabet that interesting. I made popcorn one night and since we don't have a microwave (yes, I've lived 18 months with out a microwave), we did it the old fashioned way. He thought it was pretty cool and always asks me to make it for dessert. One time I must have said, "okay, we'll do it later." Later eventually came after constant reminding and here he is in action and with his proud product. Another thing about him, he LOVES to help me cook! More than the girls do.
He also wanted me to sing with him, "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" as the kernal's began to pop.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

7 comments:
I know what you mean. They ALWAYS remember the IMPORTANT stuff. What a cutie.
Brody,
It looks so good. You will have to make me some old fashion pop corn when your back in the states. Love you. Grandma Allen
What a great kid!! I still can't believe you've made it this whole time with out a microwave. Oh the simple little things that you will appreciate when you go back home!
What, you don't have a microwave?! I'm not coming!
J/k--you know i actually prefer popcorn made on the stove to anything else? It's less greasy and artificial tasting than microwave, and not as annoying as an air popper. Plus its kind of fun to do. I like to use my pot with the clear lid so I can see the kernels popping open.
That is so cute that he likes to help cook! He looks so much older. What a handsome boy!
mmm, i love popcorn made that way. my mom always made it that way when i was growing up!
by the way, you have such a cute boy. he is so grown up!
Oh my! He looks so grown up! Nice work on the popcorn, I have never made it that way(because I have always had a microwave). Way to be resourceful!
Post a Comment