Saturday, November 21, 2009

a little bit of a sass mouth

So many thoughts but are they really worth your time? Do you ever find yourself doing odds and ends a.k.a. chores, around the house and think of some great clever blog post? oh, you don't? I do. But when it comes to posting it, it just seems so far less interesting when read and re read.
My mom is always nagging me that I need to assign certain tasks to certain days to make my house cleaning easier. But I never thought it was good idea. Until I realized that I already have a laundry day and a clean out the car day and I love the routine. I've only been doing it 3 measly weeks and I have to say, Mom was right. Such a world of difference, I suggest you try it out. I'm done with my house duties by 10 and I feel more on top of things rather than constantly chasing the mess.

Well look what I scored for free at Wal Mart yesterday...

regular $20. I went through a bit of a hassle to make this work and then it ended up being way to easy. Background that you don't really care about, smile and nod. Apparently, the deal was suppose to be done at Target. They now price match and Toys R Us was having a doorbuster for $10.49 and Target happened to have a current coupon for $10 off this toy. I ended up having to walk around TRU, while my kids sat in the car, searching people's carts for the door buster ad because the service desk was out of them. finally found one but when I got to Target, they were OUT of the caterpillar. bummer. Then one day while at Wal Mart I thought I'd ask if they took other stores coupons and lo and behold, they do. They were also out of the caterpillar. So I have "my" checker that I go to when I'm price matching because I know he's cool and doesn't ask questions and trusts me if I don't have the add. When i went to wally world last night, they had the caterpillar but my guy wasn't there, so I had to carefully judge all the checkers and press my luck that they were cool. To make a boring and long story short, the toy was now on sale at wal mart for $9, and they took my $10 off Target coupon.
But now the problem is, I want to find awesome deals on all the toys I get the kids for Christmas. I did get a Leapster game for $10 regular $25. Paying full price kills me. I think that's why I don't buy new clothes very often, I don't have time to look through the sale racks.


I'm feeling quite festive this Holiday season. I have good intentions, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here Courtney. On Little Birdie Secrets they have a cookie exchange "party" and I think that sounds like such a fun way to start out December with friends and not just online. But sometimes I feel like I have to make it all cutsie and I just don't want to. And then who to invite? I hate feeling obligated to invite people. If you get offended, then we wouldn't make good friends anyways. And my third problem, I just don't have that many friends. I'm not saying that because I need pity, I'm saying it because I don't. I have acquaintances but not a lot of real friends. I'd go into it deeper but I'd end up offending neighbors and people from church. Not because I'd be mean, but because I'd keep it real and some people have a hard time accepting reality. Which brings me to another tangent, baby showers in my neighborhood. I have been invited to way too many baby showers this year and all of them were people that I would never have bought a baby gift for, except one who is one of my good friends. What happen to inviting your friends and family? Are they trying to get more gifts or are they trying to be politically correct? I don't want to buy them a gift but then I feel like an ass if I don't and I feel guilty if i don't go, what if no one else goes? I'll just have to be an Eeyore and stop going.

I got this super cute idea from my friend who got it from Potter Barn Kids. I've lost interest in crafting in the last few years so it's kind of fun to have something to do after the kids go to bed.
wow, no friends and losing interest in hobbies. Am I depressed? I started to feel like I was throwing away money and I got sick of finding storage for all that craaaap in my little house! but most people probably think paying for races is a waste of money. Oh and my sewing machine broke over a year ago and i haven't bothered getting it fixed. By the way, after looking back on my friends advent calendar, I think I'm going to throw mine away, hers is adorable. mine, ghetto.

my kids deserve a much happier positive post because Charlotte hit a new milestone! For another time, when I'm not feeling so sassy.

8 comments:

Holly said...

i love it when you keep things real AND are sassy, courtney. nice score on the toy, by the way!

Katrina said...

You better come to my baby shower and invite me to your cookie exchange, or this friendship is over, sister.

Anonymous said...

I want an invite to your cookie exchange.
mom

Rachel@ A Little Bit of Ray said...

So, I'm interested in what days you do what housekeeping. I have been having a hard time figuring out how to keep up w/ it. Great post! Yea for price matching.

Becky said...

Um, Courtney, if you are not feeling the crafty urge to put glitter on something, then I think that you must be depressed (frownsmile). That's OK, you can repent next year.

Teresa said...

Ha! You make me laugh (in a good way, of course). I did a cookie exchange party last year and it went...okay. The one guy we invited was an idiot and didn't bring anything, but he did call and ask if he could come over early because his wife was going to a movie, and if we were serving dinner or if he should feed his kids before he came. Another family was "too busy" to make cookies. So, it was just us and another family that came! Geesh. And, I too agree with the baby showers. I have been invited to three in the last month. Here, they just send out e-invites to everyone on the R.S. roll! I most likely would not have purchased them presents either...and for one it was her second son, so why were they throwing her a shower anyways? Thanks for the post!

Teresa said...

I meant that brought cookies, not came....should proof read before I post :)

-Sydney- said...

Keep it real Court, keep it real! I love pricematching. Usually they're really cool about it but one time at Walmart the guy was being kind of a jerk and scrutinizing every detail of each ad and commenting on how I was buying SO much condensed milk. Yeah, I'm going to go home and drink it all right now before it spoils in 2011.