One of our family traditions, as I'm sure yours is as well, is to act out the nativity with the kids. We get together with Ryan's family on Christmas eve and all the cousins act it out. This year was going to be a challenge considering we only have 3 kids. There would have been a lot of costume changes, the runway models would have had nothing on us. BUT, while at the American church one day, I found out they were having a Christmas Pageant on Christmas eve with a service. Which included a live nativity with the kids. And it just so happened they had some parts for our kids. Brody was originally suppose to be Joseph but he didn't want to say his lines and got demoted to a humble shepherd. Ryan was bummed because he wanted to change his lines
Joseph: Can we stay here
Inn keeper: No, we don't have any room
Joseph: But we're tired (addition) We've been walking forever and my wife won't get off her ass.
Good thing he's stage fright. Cloe was the Inn keeper and Abbey was an angel, of course, what else could you possibly think of her as?
The bus schedule was changed because of Christmas eve and it wasn't too cold so we rode bikes there and sang Christmas songs along the way. It was also nice to sing Christmas songs in English while at the church.
We got home, had some chilli, bathed the kids and then they opened their Christmas pajamas. Ryan downloaded "Rudolph the red nose reindeer" so they watched that and then off to bed.
We finished wrapping, I made cinnamon rolls and then we watched a few episodes of "battle star galactica"
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

3 comments:
i love it!! buon natale!!!! i just woke up. the scottish soon to be in laws are on their way to our house. it is going to be a crazy day. hope you had a great one!!!
Behka and I also attempted cinnamon rolls. I'm sure yours turned out terrific....we may need a cooking class from you!!!! Loved the lines Ryan wanted to add. I read that out loud to my fam. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I too love the addition that ryan made to the lines! Too funny! Glad you had a good christmas! Hopefully you'll be here next chrismas?! Or the Christmas after that?!?!
Post a Comment