My excuse to Grandma's for the delay in pictures is that Ryan is on break and is always using the computer for painting, so I haven't had the chance to post yet.
Surprisingly, the kids went to bed easily on Christmas eve and we didn't get woken up until 8:30! We have awesome shutters that block out all light and we made sure to close those tight. Brody and Cloe hung out with us in our room while we waited for Abbey to wake up, I'd say she is starting to feel better and the rest was much needed. The kids were happy to find out that Santa does in deed come to Italy. They got some good presents and had fun. One thing I enjoy about Christmas is how well they play together. They are so excited about all their new stuff that they don't get bored and enjoy playing all day together.
We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we just hung out. Growing up, we never lived by family so our Christmas was always just hanging out, taking it slow and relaxing. Ryan's Christmas has always consisted of visiting family all day. So, this Christmas was ideal for me and for him it didn't quite feel like Christmas.
Our wonderful neighbors came over about noon, we were still in our pj's, and had the kids come over to open presents. They are such a blessing to our family and the most amazing people I have ever met. That evening we had 6 missionaries and our friends, the Anderson's, over for dinner. All in all, it was a good Christmas but I can't wait to be home for next years! I'm sad we missed the big dump this year and couldn't have a white Christmas.
yeah! Santa made it up to the 4th floor apartments!
wait, wait, let Dad set up the camera. (in their Christmas jammies)
the suspense is killing them but we need pictures
The hug means she approves. She hugged all of her presents
I found him in the corner behind the tree weeks ago peeking into a present. He's been waiting weeks to know exactly what this one was. I don't think he was disappointed.
Littlest Pet Shop game, I finally beat her today. No, I don't let my kids win, I have to plant the competitive seed while they are young.
Cloe on her bed with all her loot
Bro with his loot
Abbs the Fabs with her loot
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

4 comments:
looks like you had alot of fun. i love how santa lays out the gifts like we had done. tims has to have all the gifts under the tree so i told him each kid has to have there own wrapping paper. so we negotiated. love ya give the kids a big hug
Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
They're so cute, Courtney! I love those happy little faces.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment