Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas in the Catholic Mecca

I've seen some of the coolest nativities, most at my neighbors and friends house but the kids school has the most amazing one. Christmas is more Christ centered here so I guess that's why it doesn't really feel like Christmas ;)

At the kids school. I think i was the only parent that was amazed and had to photograph.

I'd say they reached a big enough population to call this the "Bethlehem city scene" rather than just the nativity

And while at my neighbors I thought her set up was so unique and had to snap a shot. I believe from their reaction, they also thought I was a little weird.

3 comments:

Holly said...

i've never stopped to think about anything outside the stable when picturing the nativity scene. those italians are very creative.

and i love the little "butchers coats" that your kids are sporting! ;)

-Sydney- said...

Hey Courtney, I went to Global Village (a seasonal outdoor marketplace) last night and saw that they are selling the olive-wood nativities again, the same as mine. . .they're open until March 1st . . .

courtneyb said...

Sydney,I know what your trying to do you sneaky girl. And yes, I have been tempted for a while now. It would be so stupid for us not to come visit while we are already over here. We'll see what happens??!!