Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Performance

Yes, on a Saturday at 9:30, the kids had their school performance. It was about a 30 minute bike ride and since it's Saturday, my legs are jello and want to pedal no more. The teachers did not forget any detail with the costumes and it was great. The whole concept was kids around the world coming to see the birth of baby Jesus. This is definitely one of the perks about private school, we can have school performances that portray the real meaning of Christmas. This would be the only "politically correct" thing done in the show. Holly, you would've loved it.

I haven't quite figured out Italian standard time. It was suppose to start at 9:30, it started at 10:20, after each dance the curtain closed for about 5 minutes while the next "country" set up. And it ended at 13:00!!!

Cloe's class sang a song and did a little dance at the beginning, here she is waiting
and it begins, Brody was an African. Yes, I was told to paint his face black, that hat is suppose to be his afro and he was given the brown shirt and yes, brown tights as his "skin". hilarious!!!

The Asian kids were also funny because they were all wearing flip flops and the boys had drawn on mustaches. But the best is when the Native Americans (is that what we still call them?) were sitting around the fire, passing around a peace pipe!! I was dieing. so classic
Then Cloe came on again and they did an Italian dance


Mary cross-stiching


The angel visits her

More angels come

Abbey getting restless and I don't blame her.

Baby Gesu' is born. I always thought he was put in a manger but no, it was a car seat.


The shepherds came to see

And then all the kids around the world finally made it. I guess flights were delayed because it sure did take a long time!

And to show how long it took, Brody was crying. Maybe he was so touched by the thought of being there to see the baby Jesus. No, he just saw Jesus with Mary and it made him want his own Mom.

Buon Natale tutti! was the end.

10 comments:

Katrina said...

So funny! Why can't all Christmas programs be like that?

Teresa said...

Too funny! I love it!

Lindsey said...

I love brody's skin! That is too funny.

-Sydney- said...

I was laughing so hard at the African kids. Can you imagine them doing anything like that in the US? NEVER. Oh so funny.

corine said...

oh my gosh tim and i were laughting so hard at brodys outfit. good thing you are in italy and not america or you would be in big trouble:) love ya

behka said...

Hillarious! Why can't we allow others to portray our culture w/o being offended? Definately not politically correct! But truly the meaning of Christmas, children from the world over coming to Christ. Love it!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I love it! Nice to know that the Italians aren't too concerned about being PC

Alyson said...

Found you! So glad we didn't make it - 3 hours!! My husband would have been crying too! Great photo's! The angels are really cute and Antonia would have been the cutest ;))! Brody as an African is soo funny, how un-PC. Chloe looked like she enjoyed it. See you tomorrow!

courtneyb said...

yeah, it really did get old fast. And with how little Antonia's class did, it would have been a REALLY long 3 hours! They came on last and just walked in circle's holding hands. having 2 kids that came on 4 times was more bearable.

Holly said...

courtney, i am dying here! that is hilarious! i love the flip flops for the asian and of course, brody's ethnic costume! i agree with katrina, all Christmas programs should be like that!