Thursday, October 25, 2007

"everybody wants you!"

were the lyrics by Billy Squier I was thinking this morning. At first I felt like a bit of an outcast at the kids school because of the language barrier but the tables have turned. They are thrilled to have english mother tongue kids in their kids class and they always want to practice their english with me. So now, when I pick them up and Brody is playing in the dirt rather than getting on the bike, I am no longer embaressed to yell at him in English. The school they attend is a private school, which are always a little bit more prestigious (which is a category we DO NOT fit into, it was the ONLY school that had an opening for both kids) so their are a lot of parents that know english but want to practice. I'm soooo desirable and people are just drawn to me! hahahaha, I'm just happy to not feel like the illegal immigrant who snuck over the border, doesn't know the language and is uneducated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well aren't you the one who jumped the border:) you illegal alien. just kidding- i bet it is nice being so popular in such a cool place:) love ya

Anonymous said...

What a great teacher you are. Love you
Mother

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! The most popular girl around!!

jess Walker