Tuesday, October 2, 2007

that was too easy

I will try not to rip on Italians too much. So the internet is now working again, yeah!! After almost 2 weeks of trying to contact our landlord, with no luck, we had our friend call the telephone company. It ends up, we had to go and get a different modem. So on the bus ride to school today, I was stoked to pass a Alice store that was semi close to the house to buy a new modem. Later Abbey and I treked on over and between little Italian and English, they sent me to another store about 2 miles away. I hate humidity. That store said they didn't have them either and I had to go to a computer store, "but it's far, do you have a car?" "my armpits are wet, does it look like I have a car?" So she gave me Italian directions and I stumbled across it. Oh, it was 2 stores down from the first store I went to. They didn't have it either. So I called Ryan and told him it was now his job to find the modem. Mostly because I pick Cloe and Brody up at 1:30 and all the stores are now closed for lunch. He's the bomb and he found one. So now I can catch up on blogging and "the hills" :)

What's been going on? The kids like school. Brody really struggled at first and would come home and be really fussy and irritating and getting them ready in the morning would be a nightmare because they would complain about not wanting to go. But now they are singing songs in Italian that they learn and they say their favorite part is lunch. They get really good warm lunches that the city provides. But it seems that every day I have something new I have to buy, gym clothes (seriously!! they have red warm up suits with a white shirt) toothbrush bag and the list goes on. damn catholics! If only they would pay their tithing!
One of Ryan's students started school in florence so he, his wife and 10 month old have been staying with us the last 2 weeks while they find a place. nuf said.
Went visiting teaching on 2 different days, seeing only one lady each day, took me 3 hours!! Holly, I used the message about nezzie saying "it's no use". They loved it. go to Holly's blog, it's a cute story.
One of the things I LOVE about living in Florence is riding my bike. The first half of the year I was scared to death to ride a bike and one day was kind of forced into it and then I did the triathlon and now, I love it. It is so much faster to get around and there is just something about riding your bike in the city and being one with the cars. Oh yeah, I gotta go with traffic. Not only traffic but Italian drivers. For some reason, I think if I peddle fast, they can't catch me or hit me or open a car door on me or quickly pull out of a parking spot. Oh wait, that happened today, I had to go home and change my pants. I got 2 kids seats that I'm getting put on tomorrow so we don't have to do this anymore

My baby sister comes tomorrow for a month and I can't wait. I can't wait for her to see all the hot italian guys ;) But I'm planning an awesome family trip while she's here and it's a surprise for you and the kids. It's gonna be awesome and I promise that you will be jealous.

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Yeah! I missed you! I have to admit something...I watch "The Hills" too:c) I think I might have Brian semi sucked in... Have you seen Newport Harbor? I watch that one because "I know where they are"-good excuse, no?? Anyways, glad your back!

Katrina said...

Good to have you back, Courtney!

-Sydney- said...

Hurray! Back on line!!

Lisa Brown said...

So glad you are back up and running. I missed reading about your italian adventures. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

oh i am so happy. i have missed reading your blogs. i look at it everyday. have fun with chris and don't make me to jealous. love you and miss ya

Holly said...

Glad you are back. I started thinking how wonderful blogs are so that we can keep up on each other's lives and k.i.t.

I'm so glad that "Its no use" worked for you. My Mom actually used it in her talk in church in China and said that it was very well received too. I wish I could take credit for it, but it was all Dave's doing. When she says something like that to me I get all bugged that she won't even try and that's she's too negative for a three year old. So it was a good lesson for me to learn as well! :)

Jessie said...

good to hear from you!

Brooke said...

damn catholics! i heart tithing too.

Gingerlylizzy said...

YEY! I was having withdrawls. Let me know when you get your CD eh? I loved that post. Life sounds so interesting!

Melinda said...

It sounds like quite an adventure there! That's cool that you just ride you bike around with the cars. I can just picture you!

I'm glad your internet is up and running again.

Post more pictures of the City! It looks gorgeous.