Sunday, October 7, 2007

Not much has been going on. Our house guests left after 2 1/2 weeks and so Crystal gets her own room now. It's been fun having Crystal here, she's fun and we get along well. And I can never complain about the extra help! I got a new ride so no more bus for me! Or walking. Crystal thought a bike in Florence looked romantic so she bought one too. Actually Ryan found it for her and he did quite a good job. It's perfect for her.
I always love Conference weekend for the obvious reasons but also because it's such a slow relaxing day. This late morning almost afternoon we made these



and tomorrow, Crystal and I start "The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet". Ryan always laughs when I talk about the start of a diet. He knows they obviously never last. i used to call them "lifestyle changes" because I was told that helped you stay on them. This time I promise i will stick to it!! :) So consider these pictures my "before" pictures. hahahaha!

sorry mom, I think I may have topped your recipe!

Then Crystal wanted to see the city more so Brody, Crystal and I went for a bike ride through the city center and I showed her some main sites.

(haven't quite figured out this editing thing on the mac)

Then we came home and went for a family ride

and saw a beautiful autumn sunset


Is this considered an Italian soccer mom?

Oh wait, I'm missing the cigarette.
How about an Italian BMW (big mormon wagon)

11 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Hi Crystal! I am glad you are both having fun! I love the pictures, esspecialy the one of you and your new BMW! What a great way to get around! I finished "New Moon" last night, and I thought of you when they were in Italy! Can't wait to start the third book, but I need to start and finish a painting project first. That is my motivation. Oh! The cinnamon rolls look delicious. You should post the recipe.

-Sydney- said...

For a second I thought Brody was rolling the cinnamon rolls out on the floor. They sure look yummy! I want the recipe too.

Love the bike--I think I need to get something like that too. When you said you were putting 2 seats on I pictured them both being on back, but this is way cooler.

weller14 said...

2 kids on one bike with u.....wow. how fun that crystal is there. yay!

Katrina said...

missing the cigarette....you crack me up!

Melinda said...

Dang those cinnamon rolls looked delicious. I like conference weekend too, except for the part where you just sit around and eat all day. But I like just relaxing and listening to the great speakers. Good luck with your upcoming "lifestyle change."

Anonymous said...

oh i would so love being there with you guys. it really sucks that i couldn't make it up. take lots of pics of all the fun things you and chris are doing- miss you so much. love ya

Anonymous said...

Crystal love the new bike. Courtney did you leave me a roll. They look great. Know that I love you all and miss you. I love the new BMW.
Love Mother

Janice said...

Those cinnamon rolls look so good! I am impressed that you can ride a bike with 2 kids on it!! I think I would fall over! Yes, we loved conference weekend too, relaxing and uplifting.

Brooke said...

i love the bike. i love you and ryan with all your kids draped everywhere.

what's so wrong with carbs? i had a friend just tell me (after she lost 20 pounds and was skinny to begin with) that i just needed to cut carbs to get "the bod." i would take the cinnamon rolls forever over starving myself-- and on that note, i'm going to bake.

Lindsey said...

hey girl! What's the carb addict diet? I can't remember if I've heard of it. I just did a two week "thing" email me and i'll tell you about it and i lost a few pounds from it. Pounds that i've been trying for ages to lose. I have another thing i'm working on too... you'll be proud of me. Email me.

courtneyb said...

Brooke, you can still eat carbs or I would never do it. I would end up killing my kids. In fact I had a cinnamon roll after dinner.

Sydney I can totally see you riding like this, you gotta get one. But I think the Japanese do it better than the Italians. I'll try and find a photo for you.