Today I got an e-mail from my sister-in-law of her recipe for sugar cookies. Within 3 hours, I had gone to the store, baked and frosted and was in a coma from all of the sugar. We made some halloween pumpkins and cats and took them to neighbors. It wasn't out of the kindness of my heart, it was to save my hips and to boost my ego. I love their reaction to my baked goods. They love em!
Cloe was so excited to make the cookies that she kept the recipe safe while I was at the store and then she wanted to tape it to the cupboard. Which was actually a very convenient place to have it. Notice Cloe's shirt? I like buying the kids shirts for the holidays (thank you target and old navy for you $5 tees) and this is the only Halloween shirt I have been able to find in Florence so far. But my sister has had the chance to see some very cute clothing stores.
1 c. shortening
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. (lemon, vanilla or almond extract)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
5 1/2 c. flour
Roll thick and bake at 350 for 9 minutes (we usually bake for 8 1/2 minutes)
Frosting:
1 cube butter softened
1 3oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon extract (or whatever extract you used in the dough)
1 lbs. powder sugar
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

12 comments:
is your phone still out?
Yum... I am going to try that this week! By the way, did you ever get the pics? Maybe you hated them and that is why I haven't heard from you LOL!!!
Could you be any cuter of a mom!! You've inspired me, I'm going to make Halloween cookies with my kids this week, although I doubt I'll get the same reaction from Utahns as Italians:)
i had to make a rule for myself. i can't make cookies unless i have someone to share them with because we have no problem eating the whole batch at our house.
people think that i am being nice, but that's only part of it. i'm really selfish because i'm satisfying my craving!
awesome! THIS is what I've been craving. Thank you, Courtney!!! Give me 3 hours tomorrow and we'll be in the same sugar coma as you... Been a while since I checked up on you here!! Looks like Italy is still being good to you (or are you being good to it...). Love the pic a few posts down of you as the Italian soccer mom - perfect. :) Cheers!
Those look so soft and yummy. I'm going to make those ASAP! Yummy! Aahh, it's so hard not to eat so much junk during the holidays!
I also had great intentions of sharing these cookies but the kids found out where they were and knew crystal wouldn't tell them no when they asked. At least 2 nuns and one teacher got 2 cookies. I'm not sure if i want to take on the task of making more.
hey girl! Yummy looking cookies! I totally forgot to find out how much it is to ship those shirts! I'll call shade this week!
love the look of those cookies. thanks for the recipe. love you
Yum, yum, yum! I really need a daughter that will cook and do crafts with me. George isn't very compliant.
whoah, am I reading this right? There's a whole cup of shortening and two cups of sugar. Dang!! I guess that's why they taste so good.
Cloe you look so grown up. Glad to see you're cooking with mother. She is a great cook and you will learn
much from her.
Love Grandma Allen
Post a Comment