Saturday, May 30, 2009

baseball season


It has begun and our month of June will be commited to baseball and softball. Brody is playing t-ball this year on the Cubs. He loves it. And I'm coaching Cloe's softball team this year. I played fast pitch for 10 years, 2 of those were high school so I felt I had something to offer ;) Cloe's soccer coach was terrible and didn't know anything so I decided if I want my kids taught in the correct way, I have to coach. And to toot my own horn, at the last practice, I had 3 mom's compliment me on the good job I was doing. They were impressed at how well their girls were doing and that I was even teaching them the skills and fundamentals of softball. TOOT TOOT! I just don't think it's right to just throw kids into a game without teaching them about the game and how to play. This will be a fun year and just might test my patience. And speaking of patience, we've had two practices so far and Charlotte has been perfect for the hour plus time that we are there.

1 comments:

weller14 said...

coaching is the best. i love it. stoked u are doing it!!!!!!