One of the days while Sydney was here, she ventured into the city alone and it happened to be raining. I went outside with her to see her off and also to finally take a picture of what it's like to ride a bike here when it's raining. Not only does it take some getting used to to ride with an umbrella but the brakes of our bikes aren't so great. So add some slippery rain and they pretty much suck.
Which brings me to a story. A few weeks ago, Brody and I were going to church on a rainy day (mistake #1). And because the bus stop is so annoyingly far, we rode the bike. I got to a construction area with a bit of a slope and mud and found that my breaks were useless. To make a long story short, we ended up eating it! First bike fall. Brody fell into the rain gutter and ended up with a filthy sleeve and for me it was more of a stumble trying to catch the bike but I didn't hit the ground. My language became very Sunday appropriate and I cursed the city of Florence, this mode of transportation, the Italians for taking too long to finish their construction and myself for being such a spaz. Yes, i still went to church, I needed to pay my tithing :) Anyways, all that just because I wanted to post a stolen picture from Sydney's blog. But I guess I'd rather fall on my bike on a rainy day than be paying the gas prices in America.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

5 comments:
That is so funny, yet so sad. At least you didn't fall too hard.
it was funny afterwards. My hair was a mess and my calve cramped up in the bike catching process, so that was sore all day. but if only it was caught on film!
i could totally picture the bike catastrophe. i wish i was a fly on the wall for it.
HA HA! You have a gift for cursing. Love it.
when you are at the pump you will be fondly remembering your life on a bike.
Post a Comment