Sunday, June 1, 2008

Graduation

Friday the 30th, Ryan officially graduated from the Florence Academy of Art. But still has 3 weeks of school. If I haven't said it already, I'll say it again, FAA is the best classically trained school to go to in the world. That's why we're here, only the best for our little RyRy. We got a babysitter and our cousin, Sydney, Ryan and I went. It was in a really cool garden of some royal family in Florence and they also had it catered with yummy food. Ryan got some recognition that I was very surprised and proud about. He received "best painting of the year" and the prize was a nice frame and then they gave him an award for being such a hard worker and having a good attitude in the studio. It was a dinner for 2 at a restaurant that just happens to be right next to the apartment we lived in back n 2003. cool, huh?

Best Painting of the year


Dinner for 2

getting his certificate




On the beach blog, I got comments about how I never appear on the blog. Well, I thought for sure after graduation there would be a picture of me to post. Nope. Then Sydney and I were going to Venice today and I figured of course I would get a picture of me in Venice. Well as my bad luck would have it, the trains are on strike today and no Venice trip. It's good to save the money but I was looking forward to a nice day trip with Syd and seeing Venice one last time. Maybe tonight at our picnic I'll get a photo?? I'll leave you in suspense.

8 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

Stupid strikes!! I thought the timing of giving Ryan the frame and saying it was for the best portrait was great. It was like Ryan was the best portrait himself!!
I think that painting is amazing.
Do you still want me to take some pics before you leave? I can take just some of you:)

Jess said...

YaY for graduation!! Can't wait to see you in few weeks! Are you moving back into your townhouse? BTW, I'm glad the vinyl turned out good for enrichment...I'm doing some projects for our ward this month and I'm really stressed about it.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Whats with Ryan's baseball cap at graduation???

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ryan. I'm proud of you and keep up the great work.
Love Vickey

weller14 said...

that is so awesome for ryan! congrats!!! trains on strike...dumb! when i was in venice the water taxis were on strike. italy cracks me up.

Becky said...

Congrat Courntney and Ryan!! We need to buy some of your paintings before Ryan gets too famous! Can't wait until you guys get back!!

Jessica said...

Congrats Ryan! How exciting!

Meet The Olsens said...

Congrats on graduation to your hubby. And Congrats to you for all your hard work supporting your man. You are awesome and inspiring yourself little missy. I really really want one of Ryan's paintings. One day I will have enough saved to buy. Love ya.