Tuesday, June 17, 2008

this is it

we move back to America tomorrow. I'm not very excited about it but I wanted to "document". I've really enjoyed the life here and have made some really good friends. I was really sad to say good bye to our wonderful neighbors. They have made our life here so much easier and are such an example of how to serve. The kids called them "nonna and nonno". That's Italian for G'ma and G'pa. But I know we will get back to Utah and slip back into normal life and it will seem like this last year and a half never happened. But at an attempt to sound positive, I am SO ready to drive a car. But then I will also miss the option of walking and biking everywhere. I love the "small town" feel here and all the little shops that are individually owned and friendly. It's nice to be walking down the street and wave into the store to say "ciao" to the shop owner.
So be prepared for "I miss Italy so much because..." type posts ;)
And see all you American's soon!
And to all my Italy friends, grazie per tutti! Ti voglio bene!

10 comments:

weller14 said...

awww..i am so sad just reading this. i fall in love with florence each time i visit and i can only imagine how hard it would be to leave after living there. have a safe journey home!!! hope to see u next month. love ya.

Becky said...

Courtney!! I'm so glad that you guys will be back so soon! Can't wait to see you!

Alyson said...

This is what happens when football is on the TV! I don't check blogs!!
I was so pleased to speak to you this morning but sad I missed seeing you! I wanted to say goodbye properly. Just means I need your address instead now!

Hope you had/have a good trip back! Don't hug your car too long, people will think you have gone all European ;)!

It was really great knowing you and I hope we do see each other again sometime - maybe we'll come out to Utah and scare the natives!

Holly said...

let's get together with the girls soon! as soon as you get settled in.

-Sydney- said...

Good luck! Hope your flights go okay and see you soon!

Lisa Brown said...

yay!!!! Welcome back! I hope the trip isn't too crazy!!!! I think that it is so great that your kids had that experience! :)

Gingerlylizzy said...

Travel safe! I am glad you are coming back but sad that you will have to go through that yucky transition again. Call me!

Lindsey said...

See ya soon!

Tiffany Anderson said...

I miss you already!!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/permainan-tradisional/