Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Brodys first haircut!!!!








That he performed himself! His beautiful long hair, we had big plans for his hair. Every once in a while I've contemplated cutting it but never do. If it gets in his eyes, he does this cool flip of his head to move his hair. Brooke guard your scissors!
He was in the kitchen while we were getting ready and came walking to me and I can't even remember, it's such a blur! But there was hair all over the floor and he told me "I wanted to cut it like Brett's. I wanted it poky." Brett is our old neighbor that worked on our car and Brody adores him.
SO Ryan came home and noticed right away and told him we were going to shave it and when I finally got the scissors to cut it, I couldn't. Ryan said to wait until tomorrow (is it going to grow over night?). From far away it looks like a strong cowlic but close up it looks like a kid took scissors right to the front of his head and snipped. So I don't have any "fix-it" pictures to post because I'm not emotionally ready. The picture turned into a bit of a photo shoot for him, he just kept working the camera.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Ooohhh! That sucks. But, if it makes you feel any better, when I was about his age I took my bunny scizzors and gave myself a cut...and look at me now! Twenty-some-odd years later-it will grow back:o)

Katrina said...

Well, at least you got pictures to remember the special day! You HAVE to post pics when you cut the rest of it- I can't imagine what he'll look like!

weller14 said...

my mom and her sis did the same thing on the day they were taking family easter pics..needless to say...their hot tempered italian mom was not happy! the pics were classic

Marci said...

Oh how sad! Yah... lucky for you it just LOOKS like a cowlic. Sam actually has one there. Not sure what he's going to do when he's older... ??? Brody is so cute!

Brooke said...

oh, courtney! i cried when i had luke's hair cut the first time. CRIED! right there in the little salon thing. so i know what your feeling and i'm sorry! it's like if they have real little boy hair, then they are officially real little boys! my stomach is in knots just thinking about it.

and yet, i have to say that i think buzzes are really cute on little boys, too. we will probably be forced into doing that for luke soon because his long hair is now looking very much "scatywompus." (to use a word holly taught me. and i don't even know if i spelled it right.)

in the meantime, hang in there! honest to goodness, it will eventually grow back someday. although probably not as great. sorry.

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

oh my gosh. i think i would die! i haven't ever cut nezzie's hair (besides the time i had to cut super glue OUT of it) even though she could probably use a good trim.

and brooke, it's ski-wom-pus or ski-wom-pee. i have no idea how they would be spelled, and that's as close as i can get gramatically. i have no idea where they came from, but i love it when nezzie uses them.

Brooke said...

what? i was totally off on my spelling. sheesh. that doesn't even sound right.