Friday, March 30, 2007

The official opening of the Triple B in Florence

The Triple B has been open for many years but never officially received it's name until about 2001. It originated with Ryan's mom and the name stands for "Brown's Bed & Breakfast". The Bed and Breakfast in Utah is more of a 5 star accommodation and the new one in Florence may only receive 4 stars. What we lack in American conveniences and luxuries, we make up for in Italian charm and sight seeing. We had our first guests on Wednesday, Ryan's friend from L.A. and his son, and then the most anticipated guest arrived on Thursday. My mom!!!!! I should also note that Doug and Betty Campbell made a very unexpected visit to our house on wed. evening, it was a very pleasant surprise and we had a nice visit. Along with her (my mom) she brought a suitcase full of the kids summer clothes and their Dora and Diego backpacks they got for Christmas. No more ghetto plastic bags! We finally slipped them off their backs when they fell asleep. My mom has the talent of keeping a house spotless, I did not inherit it. So after 3 flights and being up for 24 hours, I found her on our balcony, sweeping. Was I surprised, no. She is here for 3 months, that means I will have a clean house everyday for 3 months! This is going to be great.
Thursday night was also the monthly moms night out for the Americana's mom group that I am involved with. My mom was still awake and with me for a 9:00 dinner (crazy that they eat so late and don't have obesity problems. Doesn't Oprah tell you not to eat after 7?) for Thai food. Her first meal in Italy was Thai, that's funny.


I also just finished reading "The Kite Runner". Good book about Afghanistan and the Taliban, a lot of reality that we luckily don't have to deal with. I recommend it.

5 comments:

weller14 said...

yay for the triple b. i am sure u are so excited to have visitors and to have your mom there for so long. tell your mom i said hello. see you soon.

weller

corine said...

oh- i am so happy my christmas gift has made your kids that happy. love you so much

corine said...

does abbey ever wear pants:)

Brooke said...

can i make a reservation at the triple b?

and that's funny about your mom being so clean and you not inheriting that particular gene. my mom and i are the same. aaron was surprised i could live in such filth coming from such a clean home and all, but i'm too lazy to clean everyday!

and, thank you for recommending "the kite runner." i've been wanting to read it but have stalled b/c i didn't know if i could do "reading lolita in tehran" and "tkr" back to back... but i'll have to get it now!

Teresa said...

If your Mom is looking for a place to stay when she is done at your place we have a guest bed and a really dirty basement:O) I think you should really try and sell the ghetto backpacks on ebay...