Sunday, March 18, 2007

one stop shopping

This is going to be an all encompassing post because I'm a little behind. St. Patrick's Day was uneventful as a holiday because I remembered at 8 am, after I had started the pancakes and realized I didn't have food coloring. Luckily the kids all had a green shirt they could wear. That evening we had enrichment and luckily the sister missionaries came to translate for me. I am mentioning enrichment because of my amazement at how long it was! We met at the church at 4:30, which means I left home at 3:45 to catch the bus to the church. Then we drove to someone's house where enrichment was being held. I didn't get home till 10:15!!!! Isn't that insane? I don't know if I can handle Italian church activities. What happen to the hour and a half and then back home to the family?

So now for more exciting things.......the children.
We found a play place in our area called a ludatecca. Apparently they have one in every zone of florence. It has different rooms with different toys and tons of them, they have a garden with a playground, tons of books and puzzles you can check out and a room for little babies. The kids loved it and I just sit there and read while they play. I have to force myself not to think of all the germs and just make sure they wash their hands before we leave. Last time we went, I made sure I took the camera, so I was able to document how long the short walk takes us! Abbey insists on walking so we go at her pace Notice Cloe and Abbey did not forget to bring their "backpacks". Playing at the ludatecca is not enough, first we had to stop at the park along the way and pick flowers. These girls will pick flowers all day. I'm not one to stop and smell the flowers, lets just get there!

But we did finally make it for the last half hour they were open before closing for lunch


Luckily the bus stop by our house has bushes containing plenty of bugs which keep the kids occupied while we wait. The other day I happened to have the camera while they were looking at "Charlotte's web" and Cloe, the ever diligent mother, was holding Brody back to make sure he didn't' get too close. Abbey is looking at the red bugs in the dirt.

4 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

So fun! We hope to come see you! I'll let you know once we figure our trip out.

Marci said...

Love the new layout of your blog. Hmmmmm... maybe I'll change ours too.

I love that pic of Cloe picking flowers! Such cute kids!

weller14 said...

very cool...free play places are amazing. can't wait to see u guys in july. miss u tons.

Holly said...

that's so cool, and great for you guys since you couldn't take a lot of stuff for your kids, and probably unlike the thrashed clubhouse of camelot that never seemed to have as much as a ping pong ball that would work!