Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The joys of having a fan club


Every time I cook, bake or mix something at the counter or stove, the kids are right there wanting to help or waiting to dip their fingers in. I never noticed until Ryan pointed out the other day the annoyance of the chairs being pushed up to the counter. They block all the drawers and leave no standing space. I never thought much of them until last night when I was making taco meat, I stepped away from the stove to do something and when I returned, I lost my position and had a slim chance of getting it back.

2 comments:

weller14 said...

i had this happen to me in budapest. we had 5 adults and 35 waterpolo kids with no train tickets. we had completely forgotten that u had to buy a new ticket when u change lines. there are under cover guys that ride thr trains. they asked one of the kids for their ticket..and then freaked out in hungarian at us. we all...yes 40 of us had to get off the train. thank god there was a police guy that spoke some english. it was scary! didnt think the parents would like to think their kids could have been arrested, hahahaha.

Brooke said...

cooking takes on a whole new dynamic with the clamoring, hungry kids. another popular thing in our kitchen is the one-handed-stir/
one-handed-hold-the-baby trick. i'm so good at that one. ;)